SK Financial Literacy Network
PFM Capital Inc., the fund manager of SaskWorks Venture Fund, is pleased to announce its involvement in the Saskatchewan Financial Literacy Network. Working directly in the financial services industry we understand the need for comprehensive education with regard to financial literacy.
The Saskatchewan Financial Literacy Network was established with the purpose of improving the financial comprehension of Saskatchewan residents. The network is a group of various organizations and stakeholders set on working together to improve this significant problem.
Beyond its ultimate goal of improving financial literacy, the network will also:
- Communicate the merits of financial literacy knowledge
- Manage a website providing important information, programs and contacts
- Maintain a contact list of experts from financial institutions, agencies and businesses who can provide support in terms of consulting, workshops or training courses
- Organize an annual conference to provide information, share the results of the network and gain knowledge from stakeholders
“Developing money management skills is a necessary function in order to make financially responsible decisions that are integral to our everyday lives. Establishing the Saskatchewan Financial Literacy Network is an essential step towards the growth and greater success of our province and PFM is excited to be one of the founding partners of the network.”
– Randy Beattie, President & CEO, PFM Capital